Why are You Here ??
Women are the better half of our society but they has to face some natural problems for which they feel shy to discuss freely. Hence under this section we have tried to describe almost all the aspects needed to be discussed for a healthy woman life and ultimately a healthy society.
MENSTRUAL CYCLE IRREGULARITIES
Excessive or inappropriately timed bleeding per vagina is one of the most common complaints for which women seek advice from medical health care providers.
Associated Problems :
Some Medical terms are descriptive of the nature of cyclic disturbances that makes the condition of patient understood clearly.
1. AMENORRHOEA: Absence of menstruation.
2. OLIGOMENORRHOEA: Infrequent, irregular bleeding occurring at intervals of more than 35 days.
3. POLYMENORRHOEA: Frequent and regular timed bleeding occurring at intervals of 21 days or less.
4. MENNORRHAGIA: Regularly timed bleeding that is excessive in amount (>80 ml) and/or duration
of flow (mostly >5 days).
5. HYPOMENORRHOEA: Regularly timed but scanty bleeding.
6. INTERMENSTRUAL BLEEDING: Bleeding that occurs between normal menstrual cycle days.
7. PRECOCIUS MENSTRUATION: Occurrence of menstruation before age of 10 years.
The major three among the above disorders are: (Click to Read More)
In Ayurveda the disorder as a whole is described under Artava Dushti which is a very vast topic but mainly categorized under Rajaksheenta, Rajovriddhi, Rajodushti.
Signs and symptoms of menstrual irregularities are therefore sorted according to the above illustrated conditions and so is the treatment.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Swati Sharma
B.A.M.S. (INT.), PGIMS Rohtak